Monday, February 23, 2009

With the Oscars, it's Always Winning Fashion

Last night's Oscars was it's usual incredible night - so much fashion and beautiful faces I'm glad it comes only once a year. A couple of my hopefuls didn't win, but my #1 did - Heath. I was so happy to see him recognized for one of the most incredible acting performances I have ever seen (and honey, I've seen a lot).

But the one thing I wanted to share today was my happy surprise at the number of white gowns worn last night. Ladies who love fashion, here are your wedding gowns! Love it!

First, here's a sampling of white (and flavored white) dresses from last night, courtesy of MSNBC.



These are all great examples of gowns not made by "wedding gown designers" that would each make a beautiful walk down the aisle. My two favorite gowns from the evening were the Versace worn by Marisa Tomei (left picture) and the Roberto Cavalli (love it!) worn by Taraji Henderson (right picture, on the right). These are such lovely gowns, each playing with layering in their own ways.



So my message to you brides out there - don't limit your wedding gown search to what's in your bridal boutique. If you want to find something a little more unique, look at what designers are making outside of the "wedding" label and you can find some incredible gowns, maybe even that perfect one. And remember, great gowns can come in gentle 'flavors', such as Sara Jessica Parker's mint dress (top picture, 3rd from right), and still imbue the virtues of a wedding gown.