Monday, May 4, 2009

Spotlight On: Trophy Cupcakes

The day before Easter I finally had an opportunity to go to Trophy Cupcakes and try their oh-so-famous, and really quite cute, cupcakes. When I got there, there was a very impressive line of eager customers. I wondered to myself "is this an every day occurrence?". I soon found out, to my happy surprise, that I happened to go to Trophy Cupcakes on the one day of the year that they sell a cupcake called a hi-hat. It was a sugary heaven. Marshmallow icing dipped in chocolate atop a chocolate cake. Trust me - one cupcake is good for 2 or 3 people.

We ended up getting a couple different flavors to take home, and I must say - I like this part of my job! In the end though, I found I didn't come across one flavor that really nocked my socks off, but I did enjoy the tasty journey. If you like gourmet flavors with incredible ingredients, they are very much worth it.

If you're considering the cupcake route for your wedding or event - do yourself a fun favor and go try a couple flavors, from a couple different places, before you place your order. Yum!