Sunday, December 21, 2008

20's Art Deco Vintage Wedding

I love vintage, weather it's my wine or my jewelry, it's so fun to enjoy. The best place to shop for it? Can you say antiquing? Today's wedding theme is vintage, and since I had fun earlier this week doing a lacy vintage (see below polyvore titled 'Vintage Love'), I decided to go a different route - 1920's art deco. This period brought about some of the most amazing structural art. The classic wedding cake tier outline was used frequently in lighting elements for glam hotels. Many couples today can find a hotel in their area featuring amazing use of art deco. Our local Seattle hotel is Hotel Deca, which uses art deco with a modern flair (and great use of color!). When doing a vintage wedding, it's so easy to go to an antique shop to find what you need (maybe visiting 4 or 5 shops). One thing I love about vintage weddings is the use of a mussy tussy - that silver bouquet holder I've got in the bottom right side of my polyvore. The one I feature has these beautiful curls that serve as rests for the bouquet. Fashionable handy! But my favorite part of this polyvore? The Prada art deco shoes. Oh my!


If you're looking to steep yourself in the 20's theme, here's your key notes: feathers, metallic colors, simple lines (in your gown, flowers, etc), and luxuriousness - if its yummy to the touch, your're on the right track!


Today's Vintage Polyvore


My polyvore I did for fun the other day, "Vintage Love"