Friday, December 19, 2008

Finger Food

While perusing Martha Stewart Weddings, I came across a photo from an archive issue that I absolutely loved. The first time I saw this photo of hot cocoa with the tiny doughnuts on stirring sticks, I wanted to do this at my own wedding. How cute!!





And this is so in right now! Tiny foods as hors d'oeurves. The fancy name is Amuse Bouch - "a little bite". You could snazz-up the taste a little and out something I saw on Iron Chef America. Giada De Laurentiis made Italian Zippolini's (Italian doughnuts) and rolled them in a special sugar she made in the Cuisinart - sugar, dried cranberries, and candied ginger. Giada served it with a cranberry simple sauce, but I think hot cocoa would be a great pairing too. Or - you could serve them with Cosmopolitans! (http://tinyurl.com/4m62k9).


Other great tiny snacks I've seen? Tiny burgers - or 'sliders' as they're called on the east coast. Also - tiny boxes of Chinese food in tiny take-out boxes, little toast sandwiches, and more. Want to serve that at your wedding? Ask your caterer if they've done this before, and ask for a taste test to make sure!