Friday, December 19, 2008

My Inner Goth is Happy

So we contestants in Behind the Veil now have daily collages we need to make, and each day has a different theme. Today's theme - wait for it! GOTH!! Oh revel!! For those of you who don't know me, I'm an "executive" goth. I still go out and party at the goth clubs in traditional wear, but my day to day clothes are nicer. All blacks and reds, but nicer. Today's collage is in "splurge vs steal" format, where I glam it up as if price was no object on one side of the collage, and then on the other use a huge dose of realism and work with a budget.

Here it is!

{Rebekah} 12/19 Wedding Theme Board: Gothic Chic by bekahross


For the splurge side, I have a beautiful black chandelier and some silver candle holders, a gown and corset by my favorite goth store of all time, Fairy Goth Mother. The boots are Alexander McQueen's, and fab black pearls. Yum!!

To save some dough, I found a very similar black chandelier at House To Home, candlesticks I like better from Ikea, a great corset from Lingerie Diva, a "homecoming" gown (yes gals, you can save money that way), and boots I love even more- as they have a plaid fabric lining!! In the words of Rachel Ray, YUM-O!!