Monday, January 26, 2009

50's Family Wedding

The 1950's was the height of the classic American family, where kids and parents ate dinner together every night, and played board games with each other. It's the style of American family that many people today try to emulate. Some of my own best memories were spend around the table playing games with my parents and my sister (my sister often won).


With this wedding, I wanted to use that incredible clothing style of the 1950's with vintage clothing, but use that happy memory of board games and include them in the wedding reception, with each table (6 total) having a board game to play with each other. It's a great way, too, for in-laws to get to know each other better.


I also wanted to use the classic wedding style of simple, white, and clean in everything. The 50's were also the time of bleach and the perfect, crisp, clean clothes mom folded neatly in your dresser, so using that in the color scheme, and in the cake - simple, straight lines.


So enjoy these two versions of the 1950's wedding!
{Rebekah} 1950's: 50's Family Wedding
{Rebekah} 1950's: 50's Family Wedding - by bekahross on Polyvore.com