Monday, January 12, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

I just finished taking a little break with a pot of tea and the man I love, and it was lovely, refreshing, and relaxing. I'm a tea-aholic. I love taking tea, and if you're ever looking for a great place to have tea, I've got some in mind.


So while thinking about my lovely tea break, it occurred to me that this would make a lovely addition to my wedding. It's something my fiance and I both love and has great meaning for us. And isn't that exactly what a wedding is?


So when you're thinking of neat things to do at your wedding, and are torn between what one magazine tells you and what another tells you differently, stop and think - does this have meaning for me? Will it mean anything to me and my fiance if we do [fill in the blank] that we are being told has to be in our wedding?


Your wedding day is all about you and the person you are marrying. Don't feel like you have to do something because it's expected, either by a magazine or a great-aunt. Do what has meaning for you two. Do something that you will love. It's your day!! Don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise.