Thursday, January 15, 2009

Seen In Miami Love

Miami is a unique part of the fashion and hip world. The city has it's own style, it's own pace, it's own way of doing things. The style (both fashion wise and culture wise) is a fantastic mix of central and south America, the sun and beach, and a kind of fashion that is a balance of the crazy color prints and light solid tones. If you're looking for a good example of Miami fashion and lifestyle, check out the tv show Burn Notice, and the fashion designer Ulrike Herzner (from Project Runway season 3).


Fist, I wanted to find a location for the wedding that really hit the Miami feel, and I found the Renaissance Eden Roc Beach Resort and Spa in Miami Beach. For the ceremony, something very simple. The emphasis for this wedding is the reception - Miami is about the socializing - not "the party" like LA is, or bars and clubs like New York, but the sit and talk, drink some wine, and enjoy the scenery. So the wedding, a little something on the beach, a simple aisle and arch, guests standing for the short ceremony, and bringing it back to the Renaissance's Ocean View Terrace for the reception, with additional guests showing up then.


The reception itself, very much a focus on a cocktail and hoers d'oeuvres reception. The terrace is a smattering of low couches and cocktail tables, some chairs. A DJ and lighting provide for a hip environment for the group to enjoy the night. The drinks, in the colors of the wedding (three shades of pink) - I found these really refreshing looking drinks on the Knot and they just screamed the look and feel I was going for.


For the clothes - I wanted to hit that fashionable side I described earlier. It's either a big flashy colorful print, or a light solid color. The bridesmaids dress I found first and I absolutely LOVE it! This dress is from Two Birds Bridesmaid, and it's one dress you can style 10 different ways, and I don't mean some boring styles - the dress comes with instructions on the 10 different styles and they are night and day contrast from each other and FAB!


The bride's gown took some hunting, and I really love what I found. This Reem Acra dress from the Spring '08 collection is perfect. The architecture of the dress is very Miami, the beading is a nice salute to both the Latin influences and the shape is very palm tree. Last, the overall flowy-ness of the gown and shade is the ultimate finish. This dress screams Miami beach wedding and sexy scene.


For the flowers of the wedding, I wanted to use a native flower to southern Florida, and I found this beautiful pink rain lilly and it's just the thing. To wrap it up, the cake. I wanted to go back to the color scheme but subtly, but I wanted it also a little sweet. (Sweet "aww" not sweet sugar). So this lovely creation from Maisie Fantaisie was perfect.


And there you go! I very Miami wedding - hitting the style, the feel, the pace, and the fun that truly optimizes the city and the lifestyle.
{Rebekah} Miami: Seen in Miami Love
{Rebekah} Miami: Seen in Miami Love by bekahross